About the area
Thanks to more than 800 years of continuous mining and processing of ores (including silver and uranium), a unique mining landscape was created in the Ore Mountains with unique mountain monuments above and below ground.
What to see and do?
This is just a simplified list, there's much more.
- The Johannes Adit - 500 years of mining history in 2.5 hours
- Mauritius Mine - historic tin mine in its original state from the second half of the 16th century
- Jáchymov Radon Spa - the first radon spa in the world
- Royal Mint Museum, Jáchymov - Did you know that the name "dollar" comes from here?
- Svornost Mine and Adit No. 1, Jáchymov - the oldest uranium mine in the world
- Red Tower of Death - a symbol of the suffering of political prisoners in the 1950s
Abertamy–Boží Dar–Horní Blatná Mining Cultural Landscape
- Dippoldiswalde Medieval Silver Mines
Schindlers Werk Blue Dye Factory
Grünthal Liquation Hut Complex
The Ore Mountains are located along the Czech-German border, they reach into Karlovy Vary Region, Ústí nad Labem Region, and Saxony.
Czech: Krušnohoří or Krušné hory, German: Erzgebirge